Monday, January 14, 2013

Winter Term 2012-2013, Week 6: Taking Care of Business

You probably know what I'm about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. This first week  back from break was packed. I met with three separate groups as we worked toward completing our projects. I did all of my regular activities on top of that, plus I had an exit interview with Financial Assistance for my Stafford loans. Needless to say, the weekend was welcome when it finally arrived.

The week wasn't all bad, though. For starters, we had our Circle K holiday party--a few weeks late, perhaps, but it was still fun. I got free Italian food, plus we received our t-shirts (plain white, but hopefully I will be around when we dye them, and if not, I'll just do it myself), our pins, and a bunch of other goodies (like tissues, hand sanitizer, a notepad, pens, and more).

I also found out the exact date of my interview at Minnesota--February 7th! It was my top choice of day to go because it's sort of at the end of the term when classes are more or less winding down. I have to fly back, which I absolutely detest, but I will get through it, and I will be happy if/when it turns out well in the end. I also have to miss two days of class (which I also hate), but again, this is my future we're talking about, and like Dad says, if I get into Minnesota, we're talking serious financial savings. Not to mention location and never having to miss the Minnesota State Fair again. Because that's the whole reason I want to go to Minnesota. For the State Fair. That was sarcastic, if you couldn't tell.

Other than that, not too many interesting things happened. My classes are going well. I'm learning a lot, still. I'm managing to enjoy myself here and there.

I imagine this coming week will be similar. I may sound bored, but I'm really not. I like having a couple of weeks where I can just focus on classes; even though I just complained about how hectic this last week was, in the grand scheme of my academic career, it was fairly manageable. I know this post was short, but I just wanted to update my faithful readers and such. Hopefully, I'll have a good picture or two next time, since I know I didn't have one last time, either. Thanks for tuning in!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you decided to fly to the MN interview. I was worried about the possible bad weather otherwise. I know you will amaze them with your interview.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete